Tuesday 12 January 2021

Anything else?

Okay, okay -

'Oi!'

What, Voice?

'Where's the rest of this post, boss?'

Ha! Well, as you know, I started to work on a PR email, but ... I got fed up with it. 'Oh.' So I deleted it, and - 'But I put a lot of work into that.' Ha! What work?! 'My witty comments. They were some of my best.' Shut up!

Witty comments! I've heard it all now.

Oh, I've got a few emails, dear reader(s). I'll save them for Thursday, probably. People are coming back from Christmas holidays, at last.. Hopefully, I'll get more.

Just, uh ... don't ask me to tell you, PR freaks, that I'm working on one BECAUSE ... I'm sort of isolated, you know? I don't talk to anyone. I don't reach out to anyone. Imagine Zarathustra with a laptop. That's me.

It's cold.

[Hot for me!]

It's lonely.

But I like it!

ENDS

...

Okay, okay. Anything else? Oh yeah. Big time.

Listen! I had a musical dream last night that has restored my faith in humanity. Well, not in humanity, exactly. It's restored my faith in the cosmos, yes. Not that I've ever lost my faith in the cosmos. Er ... 'Eh?' You know what I mean, Voice. They know what I mean.

Anyway, I dreamt I was playing the demo of one of my songs to record company executives. A whole song, words and music. / Well, when the chorus came in, they were blown away, saying stuff like, "Jesus, Michael! How the hell did you write this song?!" I was just standing there, feeling really proud, like.

Then I sort of detached myself from the dream, and I was thinking, Thank God I wrote this song. I would be lost without it ... etc, etc.

But here's the best bit ...

Then I woke up and said to myself: Mikey, you haven't written this song! IT'S A BRAND NEW SONG, MAN - !!!

So, I started fumbling around in the dark for my Zoom Handy recorder thing. I couldn't get it out of its case. Eventually, I managed to record the melody of the chorus* and some of the chorus lyric. But the rest of the song was lost.

'Oh dear.' Ha!

I'm not sad though. 'No?' No! This chorus is the most exciting and explosive chorus I've ever heard in my life. And I've heard all of them. Well, all the famous ones that are worth hearing, you dig?

So, it's another new song for me to write. I never recover or "mine" complete songs from my subconscious anyway.

Remember: The cosmos helps those who help themselves.

Later(s), pop and cosmos fan(s)!


*It could also work as a verse ...