Tuesday 14 December 2021

Hello and a very good morning to you

That wasn't me. 'Who was it?' Bilal. 'Oh, him.' Yeah.

Anyway ...

Today, WATI (which is WhatsApp Team Inbox) is announcing their series A fundraise, taking their funding tally to $10m in just 6 months as they've grown 5-fold in revenue in that period. The founder Ms Bianco Ho is available for interview. WATI is enabling businesses and their customers to have real-time conversations through WhatsApp. They have grown to 3,000 customers across 54 countries in the last 6 months. Full press release below. Would you like pics? Will you be able to cover this please?

It wasn't today. When it was, I don't know, but it wasn't today. When did I get this, Voice? 'I don't know, boss.' Thanks for your help.

Er ... will I be able to cover this? Yes, obviously. Would I like pics? Er ... I don't know, actually.

No, not today.

Anyway ...

London, UK - 8 December, 2021: WATI.io (WhatsApp Team Inbox), a comprehensive WhatsApp customer engagement tool for small businesses, has raised $8.3Mn in Series A led by Sequoia Capital India with participation from Surge, Base Partners and several prominent angels including Gokul Rajaram, a member of the DoorDash executive team. WATI.io has over 3,000 customers  across 54 countries including India, Indonesia and Brazil.

'This is from last week, boss.' Yes, idiot, I can read. How much do I pay you again? 'You don't pay me.' Thank God for that!

[PR emails, and it's nearly Christmas ...]

Okay, okay. I'm not in the mood for all this, BUT(!) ... we can hear from Ken, can't we? 'Can we?!' Well, you try shutting him up, Voice! 'Oh, I'm not going to try that!' Ha, ha, ha!

Come on, Ken!

"WATI's mission is to help businesses do more with less. Our one-click integration with the most commonly used tools like Shopify, WooCommerce, etc. enables businesses to provide holistic customer experience at scale. We look to use this funding to attract world class talent to help us build this," Ken Yeung, CEO.

Fair enough.

And ...

ENDS - !!!

'Boss.'

What?

'Abheek wants to say something.'

Oh, Christ. Are you serious?!

'I'm afraid so.'

Okay, come on, Abheek, have your say ...

"WATI is on a mission to help hundreds of millions of SMBs across the world communicate more effectively with their customers on one of the most ubiquitous messaging platforms - WhatsApp. They've achieved terrific growth rates this past year while breaking even but what is more exciting is the expansive set of product possibilities in front of the company as they capitalise on the market opportunity. Sequoia Capital India is excited to deepen the partnership with Ken and Bianca in the next stage of their journey of building WATI," Abheek Anand, MD, Sequoia India.

Yeah, thanks for that.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

Ken and Bianca? Didn't they have a disco hit in 1978?

Never mind.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else? Music?

I had hours of musical dreams last night. Ask and you shall receive! I mumbled a couple of tunes into my Zoom Handy thing - the old one, not the new one. I don't know if I'll be able to use them yet.

Right, my BIG TEN??? In theory, The Future and Good Times would be fine for my BIG TEN in ninth and tenth positions - I mean, just as good as U2's ninth and tenth, oh, from that list I made. But you know me, kook(s). I always want more. Enough is never enough!

Man, I'm excited about The Future. I've already written the rather simple chorus lyric. I can just hear the heavy rock band playing the song, with the girl backing singers, too. Oh, it's all in my head, yes!

Bye.