Thursday 16 December 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - November 2021

Oh, it's nice to hear from Detlef and the gang again. Isn't it, Voice? 'Yes, boss.' Ha! Don't sound too enthusiastic.

Anyway ...

ETF promoters in Europe experienced estimated net inflows of €13.5 bn for November.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry stood at €1,290.4 bn at the end of November 2021.
Equity ETFs (+€8.5 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for November.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for November was Equity Global (+€3.4 bn), followed by Equity US (+€3.2 bn) and Equity Emerging Markets Global (+€0.9 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for November (+€4.6 bn), ahead of UBS ETF (+€1.8 bn) and Amundi ETF (+€1.8 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered total net inflows of €4.4 bn for November.
The best-selling ETF for November, iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc), accounted for net inflows of €0.7 bn.

Oh, okay. And the BIG QUESTION of the day is ... Can Detlef make any sense out of all that? 'I'm sure he can, boss.' Well, let's see ...

Give it your best shot, Detlef!

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "November 2021 marked the twentieth consecutive month with inflows into ETFs after the outflows caused by the outbreak of The Thing in March 2020. These inflows occurred in a volatile but still somewhat positive market environment in which investor sentiment was still impacted by the dynamics of The Thing on the economies around the globe and the resulting actions taken by central banks and governments in Europe and other parts of the world. The positive performance of the underlying markets led to increasing assets under management (from €1,276.8 bn as of October 31, 2021, to €1,290.4 bn at the end of November)."

Yes, I think he did quite well. 'He did very well.' He's a professional, Voice.

Anyway ...

ENDS

...

Anything else? Music?

Yeah, I should be recording my demo before Christmas, ha, ha, ha! ... BUT(!) ... if I get any spare time, I'll work on writing/finishing those four lyrics I need. I've got a great new tune, man, and I'm confident I can match that Beatles BIG TEN with my BIG TEN ... and that's more "exciting" than anything else I can think of at the moment. Frankly.

Yeah, yeah, this new tune fits perfectly into the chords and rhythm of Love Is Such a Dream ... which is freaky. Frankly. I need a new concept and title for the song.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it's my best melody after Life and Death, and, uh ... Life and Death is the best melody in popular music BECAUSE it sounds like Mozart. Frankly. [According to me, obviously.] The second best melody in popular music also sounds like Mozart. Here it is! Enjoy!

'What's with all the yeahs and franklies, boss?' Shut up, idiot!

Oh, when will I record? I don't know. Christ! I've been listening to some of my recordings from two or three years ago and ... my singing and rhythm guitar playing have improved so much. So, I can record whenever I like, really. Whenever I'm in the mood for it, like. 'What about lead guitar?' Ha! I've forgotten all about that, frankly, but I'll get back to it eventually. There just aren't enough hours in the day ...

Yeah, yeah.

Laters.