Wednesday 22 December 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund flow report - November 2021

Okay, okay.

For immediate release.

Yeah, whatever!

Long-term mutual funds (+€45.3 bn) posted net inflows for November 2021.
Money market products (+€32.3 bn) posted net inflows for November 2021.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds and ETFs in Europe in October amounted to estimated net inflows of €77.6 bn.
Money market funds (+€32.3 bn) were the best-selling asset type overall for November 2021.
Equity Global (+€14.7 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds.
Ireland (+€35.7 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Luxembourg (+€30.7 bn) and the U.K. (+€4.4 bn).
BlackRock (+€16.8 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for November, ahead of JPMorgan (+€9.0 bn) and Legal & General (+€6.5 bn).

I feel a bit sick. 'Why, boss?! What's the problem? This email seems all right.' Well, Voice, after dinner, and after that Magnum ice cream, I had a nap for thirty minutes, and now I don't feel right. Nothing to do with the email. 'That's a shame. You could have sued Refinitiv.' Don't be ridiculous! Detlef is a friend of ours. 'And the gang.' Yes, and the gang.

Anyway, come on, Detlef! Do your thing, son!

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "European investors were in general further in a risk-on mode over the course of November 2021. Given the volatile and sluggish general market environment it was somewhat surprising that November 2021 was a positive month for the European fund industry since mutual fund (+€64.1 bn) and ETF (+€13.5 bn) promoters enjoyed inflows. The overall flow pattern in Europe showed that investors continued to be in risk-on mode in November even as the general flow pattern was driven by inflows into money market products."

Oh, okay. 'Thanks, Detlef!' Yeah, thanks for that.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else? Well, if you must know, I'm listening to Avalon. 'Is that your favourite album, boss?' No. I just like listening to it in the evening. 'What about Apollo?' It's too early for Apollo. Christ. 'But it's dark out.' I don't care!

Anyway ... only one more post to go. 'Until what?' Until the end of the year. I'm not working next week. 'Of course not! It's Christmas!'

What are you doing at Christmas, Voice? 'I'll be visiting my folks on the astral plane.' Oh, okay. Well, give them my love, won't you? 'Sure.'

You deserve a rest. We both do. Before the fresh start next year. 'Oh, not another one!' You can't have too many fresh starts, man.

I think I'll go with Xavier Rolet's Goldman Sachs routine. Five days on, two days off - at the weekends. 'Nice one!'

And ... isn't that what everyone does, kook(s)? No. Because it's five days and five nights, you dig? I think that's better than working seven days a week.

Maybe then I'll get those lyrics done. I've got five to do, in total - leaving me with seventeen songs. 'Still only seventeen?' I've scrapped I Want Everything. 'Why?!' Standards, my friend. Standards!

Thought of the day: You've got to have standards in this life.

Laters.