Wednesday 22 June 2022

Anything else?

Music? The lyric for The Future ... ??? Well, I wrote the first verse last night, and the pre-chorus. I already had the chorus. I need two more verses. 'Yippee! Well done, Mikey! Are you going to scrap this song too?' Shut up, idiot!

No, I'm not going to scrap it. The Future will be as good as I said it would be. And I'm keeping the lyric simple and cool. No fucked-up poetics. Do you know what I mean?

Fitness? I watched another one of those experts on YouTube yesterday. 'FFS.' Apparently, it will be a mistake to stop eating and lose a stone too quickly because I'll probably lose muscle as well as fat. So ... I'm going to cut my calories just a little bit while walking more. I mean, you need cardio. / Also, I'm only doing the dumbbells twice a week now. That gives my body more time to recover and actually helps build muscle.

More ... Cardio? I walked to Richmond and back yesterday. Ten miles. I burned off a thousand calories - I reckon - BUT(!) ... my lunch in Richmond only had nine hundred calories. You see how this works?

More ... Walking? I walked to Kew Bridge (and back, obviously) on Sunday. Just for a change, I went over to the "Ringo" side of the river, and it's much quieter there. More peaceful. 'What's the "Ringo" side of the river?!' Unbelievable! Voice, the "Ringo" side of the river is where Ringo Starr walked in the film A Hard Day's Night when he wanted to get away from the lads. A bit of time to himself, you know? 'Yeah, I remember.'

Uh.

Anyway ...

It's all going to plan, kooks! There's no need for you to worry about a thing.

Laters!

'What about the PR email?'

Oh shit! I forgot!

'Ha, ha, ha!'

Okay, okay. Clara Audry joins the team of General Partners at Jolt Capital, the leading European private equity firm in the field of responsible deeptech B2B companies. Clara Audry is appointed General Partner at Jolt Capital to strengthen the lower mid market team and bring her operational experience as a seasoned investor in venture and private equity deals. Since 2018, Clara was a Partner at CapHorn, a French VC firm investing in B2B tech companies from seed to series B. She sourced and followed several participations in domains ranging from software and AI to hardware. She was sitting on the boards of Bird-Office, Boxy, FinalCad and Worldia. Between 2013 and 2017 she was Vice-President at onefinestay, in charge of launching the French market and developing the European expansion, before the platform was acquired by AccorHotels for $170m. Before joining onefinestay's entrepreneurial journey, Clara had spent 5 years with NextStage, a capital development firm where she invested in various sectors including software, retail and tech consulting. "I'm really delighted to join Jolt Capital, a team focusing on responsible deeptech, preparing the upcoming disruptions in industry, smart mobilities or health, to name a few. Jolt's partnership is super experienced in fields such as semiconductors, hardware and data management, with an extended high-level international network. I have no doubt that Jolt Capital will be one of the main players in the much needed sustainable transformation of European manufacturing and reindustrialization," comments Clara Audry. "Since the beginning of this year, we have considerably strengthened our PE platform to meet the needs of institutional investors and family offices looking for deeptech opportunities, those companies that invent today the solutions we'll need to face the global challenges ahead of us in food, energy, security or health. Clara belongs to this new breed of entrepreneurs-investors who are able and willing to move the needle," says Jean Schmitt, Managing Partner and President of Jolt Capital. Clara Audry graduated from Audencia Business School (Nantes, France) with a MSc Finance, and is an alumna of the University of Ottawa (Canada). She is also a Vice-President of France Digitale (since 2019). About Jolt Capital. Jolt Capital provides growth equity financing to European B2B technology companies about to go global and with current revenue from €15m to €50m. Led by seasoned investors and former C-level executives, Jolt Capital actively drives portfolio companies' expansion and exits. Jolt Capital's proprietary AI platform, Jolt.Ninja, exponentially improves mapping of Europe's technology ecosystem, ESG-compliant deal flow generation, due diligences and post-investment activities.

FFS. My brain.

Er ... yeah, sorry about that, Clara, Jolt. I'm in a mad rush this morning. I've got to write a conceptual. 'No. 1,011! He gets a-ROUND!' Yeah, yeah. They don't need to know that, Voice.

Bye.