Thursday 23 June 2022

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund flow report - May 2022

Yippee!

'This is what we like to see, boss.'

Of course it is!

Anyway ...

Long-term mutual funds (-€23.2 bn) posted net outflows for May 2022.
Money market products (-€6.5 bn) posted net outflows for May 2022.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds and ETFs in Europe in May amounted to estimated net outflows of €29.8 bn.
Mixed-assets funds (+€2.7 bn) were the best-selling asset type overall for May 2022.
Bond USD (+€4.1 bn) was the best-selling sector among long-term funds.
Sweden (+€2.9 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Switzerland (+€1.6 bn) and Spain (+€1.2 bn).
BlackRock (+€10.1 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for May, ahead of HSBC (+€7.8 bn), and Morgan Stanley (+€3.7 bn).

Now, I wonder what Detlef has got to say ... 'Will he be able to keep his mind on business, and just tell us about these bloody funds?'

Detlef? We're relying on you, son. Tell us all about these funds.

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "It was not surprising that May 2022 was in general a negative month for the European fund industry given the geopolitical situation in Europe, the still ongoing The Thing, disrupted delivery chains, and the sluggish market environment. That said, the promoters of mutual funds (-€32.3 bn) faced outflows, while the promoters of ETFs (+€2.5 bn) enjoyed inflows. Within this market environment and given the economic uncertainties, one would expect that European investors sold long-term funds and bought money market products. Therefore, it is somewhat surprising that European investors further sold money market products (-€6.5 bn) over the course of May 2022, as these products are normally considered safe-haven investments. As for the above, it was no surprise that long-term funds faced estimated net outflows of €23.2 bn."

Well done, Detlef!

That's what I like about the guy. It's all business with him. 'He's very professional.' Of course he is!

Watch this, kooks!

Can you see?

I'm taking my hat off to Detlef in slow motion. I want to make it last

'Ha!'

ENDS

...

Anything else?

Yes. I need more protein. I'm not going to start eating steaks, am I? So ... I reckon I should replace my lunchtime crisps with peanuts. 'Having peanuts with sandwiches, that's a bit strange, Mikey. Why don't you have them as a snack later in the day?' Yeah, I might do that, but I'm trying to avoid snacks.

Oh, it is strange. I'm not having peanuts for lunch, man.

I just get these obsessions, you know? Getting my body right. Getting my music right. Getting my image right.

Ha! I need some Ray-Ban sunglasses.

My BIG TEN of songs??? Should be finished by Sunday night. Two verses for The Future. Two verses for And Rain Came Down. That's all I need for my personal Holy Grail.

Then I'll be different. I'll feel different, you dig?

Those ten songs will make me the biggest star of the Twenties - even if I write nothing but trash from now on. [Er ... which I won't.]

'Mikey!'

What, Voice?

'Let Prince have the last word.'

Okay. That's a good idea.

Prince? Come on, son!

"Hey, look me over. Tell me, do you like what you see? Hey, I ain't got no money, but, honey, I'm rich on personality. Hey, check it -"

Let me stop you there, Prince. It's not all about you, is it?

'He's a narcissist.'

I know.

Never mind.

Laters, kooks!