Thursday 16 June 2022

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - May 2022

Oh, look! It's Detlef and the gang! 'Yippee!' All right, Voice, calm down.

FFS.

Anyway ...

ETF promoters in Europe experienced estimated net inflows of €2.5 bn for May.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry decreased over the course of May to €1,308.9 bn.
Equity ETFs (+€1.3 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for May.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for May was Bond USD Government (+€2.7 bn), followed by Equity US (+€2.4 bn) and Equity Europe (+€0.8 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for May (+€5.1 bn), ahead of Vanguard (+€1.1 bn) and SPDR (+€1.0 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered estimated net inflows of €5.7 bn for May.
The best-selling ETF for May, iShares Core S&P 500 UCITS ETF USD (Acc), enjoyed estimated net inflows of €1.6 bn.

Yeah, I'm just wondering ... 'What, boss?' No, it doesn't matter. 'What?!' Let's hear what Detlef has got to say about it first. I mean, he's the professional.

Detlef? Come on, son!

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "May 2022 was another positive month for the European ETF industry since promoters enjoyed inflows. These inflows occurred in a negative and volatile market environment in which investor sentiment was impacted by high inflation rates, increasing interest rates, geopolitical tensions, and disrupted delivery chains caused by the still ongoing The Thing in Europe and other parts of the world."

Er, yeah, I'm not sure, really. But thanks, anyway, Detlef. 'What's the problem, boss?' Well, I'm thinking ... 'What?' No, I don't want to upset Detlef. 'Oh.' I mean ... you know what I mean, Voice. 'He's the professional.' Exactly! It would be embarrassing for him if I were to point out that - ... uh, never mind. 'What?!' No, it doesn't matter. Forget all about it.

Yeah, just forget about it, Detlef.

Anyway ...

ENDS

...

Anything else, kooks?

Will I write those lyrics tomorrow? I don't know. 'What's the plan, man?' Er ... get up early, and go to bed late, and in between ... just write those three lyrics only stopping for lunch and dinner. 

If I do get the lyrics, they might be a bit rough, but that's okay.

It's not as if I'm starting from scratch. I've got the three titles and concepts, AND ... I've already written the choruses for And Rain Came Down and The Future.

I also need the lyric for a "supporting" song. I doubt I'll attempt that tomorrow though.

I'm going to stop these music updates. 'Yeah, yeah.' I am! You know the plan, man.

Anyway, my BIG TEN and seven supporting songs -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Life and Death
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
The Future
And Rain Came Down
Malibu
Stella
What's This Life We Live?

Good Times
Babe
I'm Right Inside
Love Me
Lucky You
Round The Bend
-----

So - 'What are the dashes for at the end?' I don't have a title for it. 'Oh.' It's going to be my shortest song at around 2.20. It has a nice melody. I've mentioned it before. It did have a title at one point, but I changed my mind.

...

Uh. Demo? Uh.

I shouldn't delay any longer, but ... you know how it is, kooks.

Maybe I'll feel better if I get those lyrics tomorrow ...

Laters!