Monday 13 June 2022

Who's ever heard of enthusiasm for finance on a Monday morning?

Ha, ha, ha!

It just doesn't happen, man, unless ... something is very, very, very, very, very, very wrong with you.

So ...

Music? Uh. My music?

I didn't write those lyrics. 'Christ!' Shut up, Voice! / I'm going to force myself this week BUT(!) the problem is, these songs ... Life and Death, The Future, And Rain Come Down ... aren't going to be as good as my two best songs Mighty Soul and Shady, Dodgy, Shifty ... so, well ... it's hard to get the enthusiasm. Enthusiasm for pop and rock and roll??? - !!! Ah, I will force myself though, then ... I'll find a way to get more songs like my two best.

Listen! We all know that there are famous songwriters who wrote their best two or three songs ... thirty or forty or fifty years ago. I ain't gonna be like that. My two best songs were written in the last fourteen months. Talk to me in ten years or twenty years ... there's no way I'll be happy with just those two. That's insanity, man. No, I'll have more! You dig? So ... maybe I won't be prolific, I don't know. I just know I need to be EXCITED(!!!) about the thought of writing whatever song.

Whatever song it is!

Having said all that ... my BIG TEN will be amazing. My standards are crazy. People are going to be shocked that one guy could match the best ten [Beatle] songs of Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison.

'That should motivate you, boss.'

Yes, it should. It should.

It should.
It should.
It should.
It should.
It should.
It should.

'What is wrong with you?'

Nothing!

I'm close. I'm real close. I'll force myself, somehow.

I will.
I will.
I will.
I will.
I will.
I will.

The BIG TEN is freedom.

Anyway ...

There's some good news, kooks. I'm working from a position of pop and rock and roll being dead in the world. That's the truth. I can look at the Sixties, the Seventies, The Eighties, The Nineties ... I can analyse all the classics, you dig? And I can say ... "I can beat that", "I can improve on that", "I can beat that", "I can improve on that" ... ... ...

I am the last one. And I have the luxury, the good fortune, whatever ... of seeing everything that has been done.

That's what the cosmos was saving me for. / Not that the cosmos cares, of course. Well ...

'The cosmos cares about you, Mikey. You - !!!'

Does it, Voice? Does it really? I mean, sometimes I ... I, I ...

'That's why I was sent to watch over you.'

Oh, okay. My invisible manager!

Ha!

Well, that's all right, ain't it?

Laters, music fans!

'Bye.'