Tuesday 7 June 2022

Music, music, music

I gotta say it three times to feel it in my soul, you dig? 'I dig!' Nice one, Voice!

Actually, there was an episode of Ancient Aliens the other day where they were talking about the importance of the number three. It was most interesting.

Anyway ... 

I'll tell you what, kooks. This Friday ... I ain't doing nothing but writing lyrics. That's all I will be doing the whole day.

Listen! And in the future ... every time I get a tune, I'm going to write the lyric. I'm not going to let all these tunes build up until I'm hopeless and powerless with no words. That's no way to live, man.

Music, music, music.

Are there any major artists I haven't done a BIG TEN for? 'Loads, boss!' Well, I can't be bothered with most of them. I've covered the important ones. 'What about Led Zeppelin?' No. 'The Doors?' No.

It's really just me and The Beatles. Even with Oasis and U2, you can find weakness in the lower positions.

I need three lyrics. That magical number.

As I've (sort of) said before, the impressive thing about The Beatles is ... you can take away their ten best songs and they will still be a massive band. You try that with anyone else. See what happens.

I'm not worried about that yet - for myself, like. There will be plenty of time to write minor classics. It's the BIG TEN that I need!!!

O cosmos, give me the strength to work all day on Friday!

Yeah, yeah.

Yeah.