Monday 26 December 2022

Poetry battle

I had a wild dream on Christmas Day morning, kooks, and I'm here now to tell you all about it ...

Well, I dreamt I was on a beach with Seamus Heaney and W.B. Yeats. They were having a poetry battle a bit like the rap battle in 8 Mile, and I was the Mekhi Phifer character, I suppose.

Anyway, Heaney didn't get a chance to say one word, but he was being destroyed by Yeats who was coming out with this amazing poem. Heaney was being destroyed so badly that he was actually smiling about it because Yeats was on fire, man!

Now, this poem. It went on for about five minutes, and Yeats was going fast, too. So, it was a big poem, and ... it was awesome! Like A Prayer For My Daughter or even better than that, and ...

I can't remember one word of it. Alas.

So, what was the meaning of this dream?

Well, I see three meanings.

Firstly, the dream was telling me that there's more than music and mathematics available in the cosmos. You can probably get anything and everything you want.

Secondly, this is proof of a spiritual power beyond our material world of flesh and bones. My subconscious may or may not be able to compose tunes while I'm sleeping, but it certainly can't write great poems like this. It just can't.

The poem was either written by Yeats himself in the afterlife, or it was written by a spiritual being posing as Yeats in my dream.

But it wasn't me or my subconscious. I can't write like that.

Thirdly, in the film 8 Mile, Eminem was in a bad situation and struggling to get his demo recorded.

...

Anything else? Music? My demo?

Man, I'm having trouble recording it, and this is an emergency.

'Just do it, Mikey, FFS!'

I'm trying, Voice! I can't get the sound right. But I'll keep trying, obviously.

The good news is ... I've finished This Love. 'Yippee!' That gives me eighteen songs. And my BIG DOZEN -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
This Love
The Future
Life and Death
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
Lovers On The Make
Stella
Malibu
What's This Life We Live?
And Rain Came Down

And this will be the demo -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
This Love

Hopefully. I mean ...

Do you know what I mean, kooks?

Laters.

'Bye!'