Wednesday 12 March 2008

Gill Switalski: is she a whirling dervish?

A top City lawyer by the name of Gill Switalski is seeking £13 million in damages after winning a sex discrimination lawsuit against her former employer F&C Asset Management. She says she was bullied and intimidated over an eighteen month period. Interestingly, she was described by colleagues as a 'whirling dervish'.

My dear friend Arthur Simmons from the Chaos College of Finance has seen these whirling dervishes in action. I was speaking to him earlier today, and he told me, 'I've seen these whirling dervishes in action, when I was travelling in Turkey in my youth. Bloody impressive they were too. They were whirling around, as you might expect. Extremely spiritual guys as well. All-round good eggs. I was surprised to find out that Ms Switalski is one of them, but you live and learn, don't you?'