Wednesday 26 March 2008

Liontrust Asset Management not worried by fund falls

Funds managed by Liontrust Asset Management have fallen by almost a fifth during the past twelve months. Apparently, institutional investors are worried about the recent market turmoil and would rather put their money in index funds. But Liontrust - specializing in UK equities - is not worried. The group's finance director, Vinay Abrol, is confident of attracting new business.

And I know why. I know Vinay quite well - we spent some time together in the desert, oh, years ago now. He's a well-respected financial shaman, and he's not going to be worried about market turmoil. I wouldn't be at all surprised if was on the astral plane as I write this, searching for new deals, financial info, and the ghosts of ancient financiers. That's the kind of man he is. I take my hat off to you, Vinay.