Tuesday 16 November 2010

Celine David used to work at Credit Suisse

Now she spends all her time watering plants or something. She's a gardener!

How strange! I suppose she found City life too stressful. She still keeps an eye on financial matters though. This is her view of the present situation and the next few months -

Not many among us wake up in the morning looking forward to the working day ahead. I do, and I feel incredibly lucky. So what is it that I love so much about my garden? The challenge of creating something beautiful that captures my vision and personality. Yes, I have vision, and I have personality. But enough of me! What of the economic situation? People ask me if I think that we can stimulate growth through temporary incentives. I say, as long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have autumn and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.

I think what this babe is saying is that we welcome the inevitable seasons of nature, but we're upset by the seasons of our economy.

Yes! There will be growth in the spring!

Well, okay. Celine David ain't no desert girl, but she seems to know her stuff.