Wednesday 10 August 2016

Diamond Lee has left Old Mutual Global Investors!

Brilliant! I'm one hundred percent behind him. He wants a new career outside of asset management, you see. 'Doing what, boss?' Teaching Kung Fu, Voice. 'Oh, very funny. I bet Mr Lee has never heard that joke before.' Well, you haven't seen his picture on LinkedIn yet, man. Take a look. 'Jesus H. Christ! He looks like Bruce Lee's older brother!' Ha! I actually think he is.

A statement from Old Mutual Global Investors -

Old Mutual Global Investors ("OMGI"), part of Old Mutual Wealth, today announces that Diamond Lee, manager of the Old Mutual China Equity Fund, left the business on 22 July to pursue a career outside of asset management.

Uh, it goes on for a bit. Blah, blah, blah ... and then his replacement Josh Crabb says -

Diamond has been a fantastic colleague and I have enjoyed working (and fighting) with him for the last 18 months at OMGI. I'd like to thank him for the significant contribution he has made, not least in helping us establish the Asian equities team in Hong Kong in April 2015. I'd like to wish him the best of luck for his next venture, teaching the kids the ancient mysteries.

'The ancient mysteries?' Of course! There's a lot more to Kung Fu, Voice, than just kicking someone's head in. There's wisdom, too. Our Diamond is going to pass it all on now to the next generation. 'Wow!' I think he's a super-cool guy.

Well done, Diamond, mate! You've made absolutely the right decision. I mean, getting out of finance, yeah? I'm going to be a rock and roll shaman, myself. This blog is just a temporary thing. 'Yeah, temporary for nine years.' Shut up, you idiot! Don't listen to him. I'm on the Straight Line.

...

Anything else? No, I don't think so. 'Tell them about Lord Fink inviting you to tea at the Dorchester.' Ha! Our Stan? All right -

Dear Michael,

Lord Fink and David Johnstone request the pleasure of your company for Afternoon Tea and the Official Launch of ChariTable Bookings at the Victory Services Club, 63-79 Seymour Street, London W2 2HF on Thursday 8th September at 3pm to 5:30pm, or The Dorchester, 53 Park Lane, London W1K 1QA on Thursday 15th September at 3pm - 5.30pm.


The pleasure of my company? 'Ha!' Are they for real? I'm busy, anyway.