Tuesday 16 August 2016

Sebastien Poulin, Gary Ewen, and Tom Elliott ... ?(!)

Oh, who are these guys? Yeah, you're probably wondering. Well, wonder no more, my dear reader(s), because I can tell you that they are new credit analysts at Royal London Asset Management. Or RLAM to its friends.

Established in 1988, Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) is one of the UK's leading fund management companies, providing investment management solutions to both wholesale and institutional clients such as not-for-profit organisations, local authorities and the insurance sector. RLAM manages over £87.9 billion of assets and employs 75 investment professionals. It invests in all major asset classes including UK and overseas equities, government bonds, investment grade and high yield corporate bonds, property and cash.

You see? They sound all right. Sebastien Poulin is the senior analyst, by the way. 'Nice.' And you know what Azhar Hussain says - 'Hold on a minute, boss! Who the hell is Azhar Hussain?!' He's the head of global high yield, Voice. 'Oh, okay. What does Azhar say then?' He says this significant expansion of the global high yield and leveraged loans capability at RLAM signals their commitment to offer clients a diversified approach to investing in credit. He thinks this is particularly valuable in an environment where government and corporate bond yields are at an all-time low. Or something like that. He says something like that, I'm sure. 'I see.'

Well, well ... 'Er, and what about poor Khuram Sharih?' Uh, don't worry about him. / Well, I think that's about it. Obviously, I wish the guys all the best. All the best, guys!

...

Jesus H. Christ! There just ain't much news, you know? Don't blame me, reader(s). 'You could carry on writing about the guys, boss.' Yeah, saying what, Voice? 'Well, in the old days you would have cooked up some absurd fantasy about them flying through the astral sky with blood and fire and that.' Ha! No, I'm not in the mood.

Music? I don't do updates no more ... 'Ha!' But I can tell you that I'm planning to put my new tune in first position on the demo, ahead of my best song. 'Why?!' Because my best song gets off to a slow start, man, while this new tune kicks serious ass right from the beginning. I mean, I still need the lyrics, but I reckon it could be the "greatest" three-minute pop song - ever! [Two minutes, fifty seconds, actually.]

Ah ... which brings me to I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor by the Arctic Monkeys. Arguably, this song holds the title at the present time. 'What?! Not The Beatles?!' No. Shut up! / And I'm listening to it RIGHT NOW. Laters.