Monday 8 November 2021

I'll be honest with you(s) ... I haven't even looked at the PR emails

I'll look at them tomorrow, kook(s). Today, I'm writing about music. As is my wont. Because I want to. You dig?

Anyway ...

I reckon I was able to improve my guitar playing in only one day last week ... 'Well, how did you manage that, boss?' Ha! I bought a new guitar. 'Yippee!' Yeah. A Yamaha electro acoustic, the FGX830C. Not only is it a better guitar than my old one, BUT(!) ... it came with a free setup worth £75, which I wasn't expecting. I didn't go to the Yamaha shop in Wardour Street. I ordered it online.

Anyway ...

Their guitar expert in the shop did a full visual and playability check, a high-fret check, a saddle curvature check, a pickup response check, and an intonation check. He also did a saddle height and action setup, a truss-rod adjustment, and a nut height adjustment.

As a result of all that ... the guitar plays like butter, yes, beautiful soft butter. 'What does butter sound like, boss?' Don't be ridiculous, Voice.

So, I'm happy, yes. Very happy! / I'll still use my old Yamaha for rehearsing. This new one is for recording and ... for when I become a professional. Sure, it has laminated back and sides, but that's what Ed Sheeran has. They're easier to look after than solid wood guitars.

Maybe I'll try recording my demo at the end of the week. Who knows?!

...

Anything else? I mean, anything else musical? ... ... ...

Yes! I've got a new fragment of tune which has got BIG TEN potential. 'You've already got all your BIG TEN tunes.' Well, I'll have a BIG ELEVEN then. 'Is that allowed?' What do you mean, is that allowed?! 'I mean, man, those Beatles, Oasis, and U2 lists you made only had ten songs in them.' Ha! I'll have eleven in mine. That's one better. 'All right.'

If you're already thinking ... think BIG, you dig? 'And then kick some ass?' Well, why not? Treat yourself! You only live once.

Anyway ...

I can't think of anything else.

Later(s), pop tart(s)!