Monday 1 November 2021

Cornwall, or ...

Christ! I just heard some seagulls outside my window. Yeah, in West London! And I imagined ... oh, for a moment ... that I was in Cornwall. The question is: Does Cornwall miss me? I'm the only person in the world - I'm convinced - that knows that Cornwall is a living, mystical THING, you dig? And I'm not talking about the Cornish people.

Ah, maybe you don't understand, dear reader(s). Never, never, never, never, never, never ... mind, eh?

'Boss.'

What?

'Do we have a PR email to cover?'

Uh.

Yes, Voice, we have a PR email to cover.

My life.

Anyway ...

This should have been the title, I suppose -

Amaiz Appoints Boura Kym Tomlinson Cann as their First Non-Executive Director.

Why does this chick have so many names?

'Leave her alone, boss. Just think of your hero, Picasso - Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno Crispín Crispiniano María de los Remedios de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz Picasso.'

Ha!

Yeah, yeah.

Anyway ...

Amaiz, the banking app, has appointed Boura Kym Tomlinson Cann as their first Non-Executive Director.  Boura has spent the last fourteen years as Global Chief Compliance and Legal Officer at Polar Capital and previously spent over seven years at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), supervising wholesale and derivatives firms. Most recently she was an enforcement manager bringing disciplinary cases against investment firms.

Right.

Amaiz was launched in March 2020 to combine banking and bookkeeping into one easy to use app for businesses. It recently extended its offering to international payments and now accepts personal accounts. The company is developing a reputation for its leading-edge security methods and experiential features to prevent fraud. It uses leading biometrics, for example, to make it easy to access the app, but safe.

Okay.

Steve? Come on, son!

Amaiz Managing Director, Steve Taklalsingh comments, "We're delighted to welcome Boura to the Board. She brings a wealth of experience and expertise to Amaiz that will be invaluable as the company continues to grow and take on new challenges."

Nice one!

Boura? How do you feel about all this?

Boura comments, "It is very exciting to be able to become involved with such a dynamic and innovative company as Amaiz."

Oh, right. Everyone's happy then, including me ... because I can write about music now, or ...

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else?

Or ... TV - !!!

'TV?!'

Yeah, TV shows, Voice. 'Oh.'

What's my favourite TV show then, Voice? 'I know, Mikey, I know!' Go on! Tell me then. 'Series one and two of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet ... from the Eighties, not the later stuff - series three and four. Am I right? Ha, ha, ha! I know I'm right. I'm so clever!' You're wrong, Voice. 'What?!' That was my favourite. My new favourite is This Life. 'Oh, okay.' Yeah. I've bought the second series for my phone as well. I like the London atmosphere of it. I like the Nineties vibe. I'm reminded of when I originally watched it on TV in 1996/97, when I was the same age as the characters. I just like it, man. I find it comforting to watch as I struggle through my days now, my life.

Yeah, yeah.

Music? My music? That's what I'm struggling with. And this blog. And life. All the life outside that won't leave me alone.

DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND?!

Uh.

How can I continue? I honestly don't know some mornings. And some nights. But here I am again!

ENDS

'Laters, kooks!'

ENDS



Listen! There's no question of a fresh start this week. I want to try recording my demo at the end of next week ... way after all the Guy Fawkes Night bollocks. This week? I don't know. I want those three lyrics!!! As you know, I've got bits and pieces. Two whole choruses! Don't worry about it, kooks. ENDS.