Wednesday 3 November 2021

Jaclyn Bouchard says she's in heaven when I smile

Well, well ...

No. She doesn't actually say that. She probably thinks it, yes. But she doesn't say it. This is what she says -

Jaclyn Bouchard, Head of ESG at Preqin says: "Over the years, the alternatives industry has come a long way in its understanding of ESG. With an increasing amount of time and money at stake, managers have focused on finding solutions to help them respond to institutional investor demand for ESG. As the largest GPs are first to formally adopt ESG principles, the share of ESG committed funds in private markets will continue to grow from investor and regulatory pressures. With that, market participants - no matter the size - will be expected to increase their ESG transparency to meet expectations and avoid the pitfalls of greenwashing."

So, uh ..

'Is that from a PR email, boss?' Yes, Voice, it is. 'Okay. But we usually go to the voices last, don't we?' Yes, we do. And that is the last of it. 'What?!' I'm not in the mood, man, for doing a whole email today. 'Oh.'

Yeah.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

Well ...

'What are you going to write about then? Music?'

Music? Fitness! / Listen! My weight has stayed the same lately because I've been eating too many snacks and drinking Kronenbourg and Stella. 'I thought you cut all that out?' Yeah, I thought I did.

At least I'm not putting on weight.

I've put on muscle weight though. / Listen! Some guys on the internet talk about how much muscle they've put on. They say four pounds, or six pounds, or nine pounds, or whatever. BUT(!) ... how the hell do they know?! I've put on muscle, man, but I can't weigh it, can I? Or maybe there's something I'm missing. 'Watch a YouTube video on the subject.' No, no. I can't be bothered. Who cares, anyway? I'm looking better than I was earlier in the year, and I will cut out the snacks and start losing weight again.

Uh.

What else?

'Music!'

I haven't got much to say.

Okay. I've been playing the acoustic guitar standing up lately, just to see if I can do it, like. I played Stella last night, and I was as good as Kurt Cobain sitting down with his guitar on that Unplugged thing. So ... that's all right, I suppose. I mean, it's progress, ain't it?

Is that enough music talk, Voice? 'Yeah, that will do.'

Okay. I have one more post to write this week, a PR email from Detlef and the gang. I might do it tonight. I might do it tomorrow.

Laters!