Thursday 4 November 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund market review - Q1-Q3 2021

Yeah, our mate, Detlef. 'And the gang, boss.' That's right, Voice. And the gang.

 So ...

The European fund industry enjoyed estimated overall net inflows of €463.9 bn for the first nine months of 2021.

Equity funds (+€269.8 bn) was the asset type with the highest estimated net inflows overall for the first three quarters of 2021.

Long-term active products enjoyed higher inflows than their passive peers.

Equity Global (+€134.7 bn) was the best-selling sector overall.

BlackRock (+€72.1 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter over the course of the first nine months of 2021.

Equity funds witnessed the highest activity of fund promoters with regard to fund liquidations and launches.

Fine. / Detlef?

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "European investors were generally in a risk-on mode over the course of the year 2021 despite the increased volatility in securities markets. Given the general market environment it was no surprise that we witness some months with mixed results for the flows within the different asset types, even as the European fund industry enjoyed inflows over the course of the first nine months of 2021. In more detail, the promoters of mutual funds enjoyed inflows of €337.0 bn. In line with this, the promoters of ETFs enjoyed record inflows of €126.9 bn over the course of the year so far."

Nice one, son! Thanks for that.

ENDS

...

Anything else, kook(s)? [You've got to be a kook to appreciate the following ...]

I've been thinking ... I have such an intimate relationship with the cosmos these days that death isn't scary any more. And that's a problem.

WHY?!

Well, if I don't get somewhere with my music soon, I can't see me maintaining my material position, so ... I could be dead in a couple of years. Now, that thought would motivate a normal person, but all I think to myself is: "I'm a spiritual aristocrat, and the cosmos has got my back, and death is not the end, so I'll be set up in another realm in a beautiful position." You dig? 

I need a real fresh start, one that is sustainable.

I don't know what I'm going to do. Jesus! I know that I've had more dead rock stars visit me while I'm asleep than your average musician. That must mean something, right? 'They're putting all their hopes into you, man. You can't let them down.' All right, all right. I won't let them down then, Voice.

Music is the only way.

Laters!