Thursday 18 November 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - October 2021

Okay, okay. It's obvious what this is. 'Boss, it's the European ETF market report  from Refinitiv Lipper!' Er ... yes. That's why I said it's obvious, idiot! 'Sorry.'

I can't get the staff. 'Even if you could get the staff, you wouldn't want them. You're a loner, man.' Yeah, yeah.

Let's do this ...

Oh, they've got a new layout for the email, BUT(!) ... I've edited it to make it look like the old emails.

Anyway ...

ETF promoters in Europe experienced estimated net inflows of €10.6 bn for October.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry stood at €1,276.3 bn at the end of October 2021.
Equity ETFs (+€9.6 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for October.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for October was Equity US (+€3.9 bn), followed by Equity Global (+€1.7 bn) and Equity Japan (+€1.0 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for October (+€5.6 bn), ahead of UBS ETF (+€1.6 bn) and Amundi ETF (+€0.9 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered total net inflows of €5.5 bn for October. • The best-selling ETF for October, iShares Core S&P 500 UCITS ETF USD (Acc), accounted for net inflows of €1.5 bn.

You see? That's the way I like it. I don't want any gaps.

Detlef, maybe you could have a word with that PR guy of yours, yeah? Tell him he's not big and he's not clever. 'We like the old way, Detlef!' Of course we do.

Anyway, Detlef, say a few words for us now ...

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "October 2021 marked the nineteenth consecutive month with inflows into ETFs after the outflows caused by the outbreak of The Thing in March 2020. These inflows occurred in a volatile but positive market environment in which investor sentiment was still impacted by the dynamics of The Thing on the economies around the globe and the resulting actions taken by central banks and governments in Europe and other parts of the world."

Okay, thanks. 

'Boss.' What? 'Does he have to talk about The Thing all the time?' Some people are obsessed with it, Voice. Leave him alone.

Anyway ...

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else?

Ha! Voice. 'What?' I love it how they presume there's going to be something else. I mean - 'You've only got yourself to blame.' Yeah, yeah.

Music?

Not much is going on, to be honest, like. 'When are you recording your demo? I don't know. Before Christmas. Maybe. I don't know. I want The Thing to go away. It's getting on my nerves now.

Uh.

Listen, kooks and squares! Whoever you are. Grant Cardone says that if you want to meet the devil ... you should have white space in your calendar or diary or whatever.

I'm not sure it's a good thing taking time off, man. I only get anxiety when I'm goofing off or relaxing. Do you know what I mean? No, you probably don't. Never mind. 'They might know, Mikey!'

Yeah, yeah.

Bye.