Wednesday 13 December 2023

It's not my problem

Don't you understand?

I'll be staring at the sea ...

So, it's not my problem.

It's a terrible shame about life getting to you the way it does.
It's a terrible shame about The World getting to you the way it does.

However, I will be staring at the sea.

And you might like to think - when it happens - what a terrible shame it was that I fell off a rock.

But I will only be making an early start. Getting ahead of the game, as it were. Before you even have a clue.

And I've given you enough clues, haven't I? But you still don't have The Clue.

Never mind.

Worse things happen at sea, and I should know ... because I spend all of my time thinking about them. / Well, a lot of my time.

The dolphins will be pleased to see me.
That's the good news.

They won't be pleased to see you, if you ever show up. You haven't prepared your consciousness, have you? You've made no effort at all.

Never mind.

Just stay in the world ... for another ten years, or twenty years, thirty years ... whatever.

Stay away from the sea.

I don't want to see you on the beach, waving at me, all angry about this or that - like it's my problem.

It's not my problem.
It won't ever be my problem.

Whatever the concern is ...

I just ...

You're talking to the wrong person!
I don't have any solutions for you.

Don't you understand?!

You seem to think it's a serious matter.
It isn't.

Listen.
I'll be gone with the dolphins.
Before any of you.
Before you realize: "That bastard Mikey got in early, and what has he left us with?"

Er ...

Well, what will I have left you with?

Probably a waste land. Probably something as grim as that.

It won't be my problem though.