Thursday 21 December 2023

You've got to do the work

Well, well ...

This is the last post of the year, my kooks, and then it's Christmas.

'Yippee!'

Yeah, yeah.

Listen! I'm serious about my fresh start in the New Year. I'm just not sure about the nature of it. Will I be like Xavier, or like the Krishna guy? I don't know, BUT(!) ... I've got to decide, like real soon, you dig?

Anyway, listen to me ... you've got to do the work. Oh yes. If I become a great poet, it will be because I've written over a million and a half words in this blog. That's it.

'Over four million and three hundred thousand words, Mikey!'

Er ... yeah, yeah. Take out all the repetition, Voice, and all the PR emails and quotes from other sources ... you're left with roughly one and a half million. And, of course ... deleted posts, old poems and lyrics ... even more words ... it's just a lot of words, words, words.

BUT(!) ...

You've got to do it. There is no shortcut. Just ask the Karate Kid.

Anyway, hopefully, this is the last time I write about poetry or any personal stuff. Next year? Finance, and two conceptual posts a week ...

But I know I won't do a whole year.

I'll be off, man. Off for good!

Maybe I'll come back once every blue moon with a post about this or that.

It's unlikely though.

'It's for the best, Mikey.'

I know.

Listen! I'm hoping I'll be able to write one more poem next week, to give me ten. That will have to do for this year.

Actually, ten great or great-ish poems a year would be quite a result, but I need to get to thirty quickly, by the end of March, like. So, it's got to be a crazy fresh start. / I'm not saying I'm going to win anything in the competition, but if I do win I need enough poems ready, you dig? / Also, I've got to watch out for the time thieves. I have plenty of time at the moment, but that might not last.

Well, let me clarify ... I have plenty of time - at the moment - if I'm willing to knacker myself out for two or three months. I've just got to do it.

More work!

Time and energy, my friends.

O cosmos, give me strength!

'Billy give him strength! Dr M give him strength!'

Ha!

Anyway ...

Laters!

'Bye!'

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS