Thursday 12 November 2015

John Chatfeild-Roberts is investing in boutiques now!

Jesus H. Christ! Boutiques! BOUTIQUES!!! / I'm not going to go on about his name because I've done that to death and he still hasn't changed it. (The man is as stubborn as a mule!) However, this latest nonsense?! I just ... I just can't get my head a-ROUND it. 'Boss, maybe John thinks he'll be able to get some cheap clothes out of these deals.' Ha! Oh, it's all about him, ain't it? What he wants. How about Jupiter Asset Management, man?!

And there's this guy, Chris Bowie, who runs one of the boutiques. He's a cousin of David's, apparently. 'Ha! Mr Chatfeild-Roberts really mixes with some characters, doesn't he?' Yeah! / Anyway, I spoke to Chris on the phone earlier ...

Mikey, I know what you're thinking, man, but everything is going to be all right. (Really, Chris?) I'm in business with Mr Chatfeild-Roberts now. He was a bit concerned at first. I put his mind to rest though. (You did? About what?) Well, we met in a disco, yeah? I was dancing with this girl, unfortunately. And I could see that John was getting pissed off. He thought I wasn't serious about his investment. (I understand.) But I said to him: "John, she turns me on, but I'm only dancing." (Okay. And that did the trick, did it?) He felt better after that, and then we got down to business. (Right. / You used to work in finance yourself, didn't you, Chris? You were at Ignis, I believe.) Yeah, man. But it was killing me. I had to get out and follow my dream. I've always loved clothes, you know? I've always loved fa, fa, fa ... (What?!) I said I've always loved fa, fa, fa ... (Chris, mate, I think we've got a bad line.) I've always loved fashion, Mikey. (Oh. / So, are you going to make a go of this boutique then? It could be risky.) Well, I'm an absolute beginner, obviously, but I'm absolutely sane. I don't see any serious problems. Not with Jupiter behind me. (Ha! Serious moonlight maybe, but not serious problems, eh?) You're not funny, Mr Fowke. (Sorry, Mr Bowie.)

Well, I wish John and Chris all the best. Maybe they know what they're doing - (?). Time will tell ...