Monday 27 July 2020

Amelia Armour and Pierre Socha ... who are they?

They are people. They work in finance. But it's a cold, rainy day in winter, and I don't want to write about people, or finance. 'It's summer, boss.' Look out of the window, idiot!

Anyway, I'll do my job, I suppose ...

22 Jul 2020 - Cambridge, UK - Global technology investor, Amadeus Capital Partners, today announces the promotion of both Amelia Armour and Pierre Socha to Partner in the Early Stage Fund team.

Ha! Not today. This PR email is from Wednesday last week. So what? Better late than never. I mean, I could write about something else. I could write about the winter wind. 'Eh?' Shut up, Voice.

So, I'm guessing that Amelia is delighted. 'She might be excited, boss. Or pleased.' No, no. I know this sort of woman. They're always delighted.

Amelia comments: "I'm delighted to be recognized, having been supported by the great team at Amadeus over the past ten years. The most fulfilling part of the role is working with our portfolio companies to build global enterprises. I'm looking forward to working with many more ground-breaking startups across the UK."

Okay, okay.

Now, Pierre? Well, I don't know much about him, dear reader(s), but he strikes me as the grateful sort. 'Is that your gut feeling?' Yes. It's my gut feeling.

Let's see what he says ...

Pierre says: "Amadeus has been front and centre of deep technology investment for decades. I'm grateful to be given the opportunity to lead our early stage activities in biotech, medtech and digital health. We're planning to grow our team and will keep pushing the boundaries in emerging tech investing."

Okay, okay. Thanks, Pierre. And thanks, Amelia.

Oh, a bit more about them -

Amelia joined Amadeus in 2009. Her investment focus is on autonomous systems, AI and machine learning, cloud computing, digital health and medical technology. She is a Director on the boards of Sprout.ai, Xampla, Cambridge Touch Technologies, Paragraf, Immense Simulations, Baby2body, Riverlane and SLAMcore. Amelia is also a board observer at Prowler.io and Graphcore.

Pierre joined Amadeus in 2012 and manages early stage health and biotech investments for Amadeus. He is on the boards of Quibim, Inotec, Ori Biotech, Doctify, Congenica, PhoreMost and oversees our investments in Lumeon and Organox.

Nice one!

Uh.

Obviously, I wish them all the best.

...

Anything else? I know I sound a bit down today, but I'm not. Well, I am down, and I'm not down.

I'm not down personally within myself, like. That's thanks to all the hypnosis. But I am down with the world, man. If you know what I mean. Do you know what I mean?

The world is shit to me. I refuse to take it seriously. I have my own world, inside.

I might stop reading and watching the news. I don't want some fat bastard from the government telling me I've got to lose weight.

I've been losing weight of my own free will because of my rock star diet. But that's my choice. My free will.

...

What else? Er ...

I've got nothing to say. And I say it here in this blog. One day, I will stop writing this blog. One day, I will be free.

And, uh ...

I don't want to hear about the world. I don't want the world to touch me. Let me stay inside, alone.

My life is private.