Tuesday 28 July 2020

Refinitiv: Lipper European fund flows report - June 2020

Yes, yes, yes!

The monthly European fund flows report from the Lipper team at Refinitiv. I love it! 'So do I, boss!' Of course you do, Voice.

Oh, I haven't looked at the attachment to the PR email, but it's probably all charts again.

I don't like charts!

Anyway ...

Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for June 2020.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in June amounted to estimated net inflows of €90.5 bn.
Bond funds (+€31.1 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for June.
Equity Global (+€12.1 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds for June.
Luxembourg (+€28.3 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Ireland (+€26.4 bn) and France (+€22.1 bn).
Real Love.
BlackRock was the best-selling fund promoter for June overall, with net sales of €11.3 bn, ahead of ING (+€8.6 bn) and JP Morgan (+€8.5 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share class level net inflows of €11.9 bn for June.
ING Select Fund - Actueel Neutraal B (+$1.9 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund share class for June.

Interesting! But let's see if our Detlef can do a great job of pretending he knows what that's all about ...

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "European investors bought further back into mutual funds and ETFs in June. Since the global equity markets stabilized further, investors returned to long-term mutual funds because they expect the massive stimulus packages from central banks and governments globally to keep the interest rates low and to kickstart economic growth after the lockdowns caused by the outbreak of The Thing are lifted in more countries around the globe."

Okay, okay. Let's hear more ...

"As a result, long-term mutual funds posted overall net inflows for the month. Bond funds (+€31.1 bn) were the best-selling long-term asset type for June, followed by equity funds (+€14.1 bn), mixed-assets funds (+€9.3 bn), commodities funds (+€1.0 bn), and real estate funds (+€0.4 bn). On the other hand, 'other' funds (-€1.1 bn) and alternative UCITS funds (-1.8 bn) were facing estimated net outflows. These fund flows added up to overall estimated net inflows of €53.0 bn into long-term investment funds for June. ETFs contributed inflows of €16.3 bn to these flows."

Right. What do you think, Voice? 'I think he did a very good job, boss. Detlef can be very convincing, when he wants to be.' Yeah.

Thank you, Detlef!

ENDS

...

Anything else? Music? My music?! Listen, kook(s)! I don't have all the time in the world. No one's got all the time in the world. Not these days. So, I can't expect to write hundreds of songs like Dylan and Young, or anyone else who's got hundreds of songs. You dig?

I need to become the greatest ever songwriter with my BIG TEN. And then slowly build from there.

Is that even possible? Ten songs? I don't know. / We'll Show Them Heaven is simple but powerful. It will be like Imagine - if I can match the words perfectly to the music. Imagine certainly isn't my favourite song, and I don't think it's the greatest song. No! BUT(!) ... I think it's the most perfect song.

So, I'll finish the Heaven one soon, and add it to the other seven. That will give me six world-beaters and two bread-and-butter classics, first class.

What about the other two songs? I mean, the ones that don't exist yet. Well, one of them - at least - will have to be a world-beater.

You won't believe the level of my obsession, man. When I fall to sleep at night, I think about my BIG TEN. When I wake up in the morning, I think about my BIG TEN. Literally the first thoughts that come into my head. Sometimes I even dream about them. Although last night I was dreaming about some woman and I woke up just before things got interesting. My luck! Christ.

Oh, Lennon and McCartney world-beaters, combined, like? ...

Imagine
A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday

That's it.

Anyway, I'll probably stop writing about music soon, and personal stuff. Yes, I'm still committed to that. I will do it. One day. Believe me.

Laters!