Wednesday 14 September 2022

GOLD - !!!

Anyway ...

Demand for physical gold bars and coins from first time purchasers has surged 389% at The Pure Gold Company over the last 7 days (compared to the weekly average for 2022), amid the escalating cost of living, the energy crisis and the threat of a global recession. With Goldman Sachs predicting inflation could climb to 22% early next year, customers feel that the cost of doing nothing has never been so high, spurring concerned buyers to make their first gold investment.

So, er ... I don't actually know when I received this PR email, BUT(!) ... it doesn't matter, does it?

NOTHING HAS CHANGED

'Obviously ... no endorsement, boss.'

Ha, ha, ha! Obviously, Voice, because ... I advise all my clients to invest in baked beans.

YOU - !!!

Have you got a spare room?

Maybe a garage?

FILL IT UP WITH BAKED BEANS

Thank me later.

'Much later!'

Ha, ha, ha! Maybe not too much.

Anyway ...

WHEN AM I WRITING ABOUT MUSIC???

THIS IS BORING

However ...

Come on, Josh!

Josh Saul, CEO of the gold investment firm says: "Almost a quarter of clients buying physical gold in the last week work in the hospitality sector where surging energy bills are threatening to wipe out profits or close down sites. Some of our clients say they are considering shutting restaurants to avoid the energy price surge which would cause excessive financial losses. Others have decided to open only three days a week."

When did I receive this email?

There's some help now from the government.

I don't know if it's enough.

"Many of these clients have said they are trying to protect and preserve their personal wealth and see gold as an asset class with a proven track record as an inflation hedge especially during times of uncertainty and geopolitical concern."

Oh.

"There is a growing sense of foreboding. Increasing mortgage payments and escalating energy bills are set against a backdrop of the highest inflation in over 40 years. Meanwhile geopolitical risk and the reality of a global recession are adding to the uncertainty. It's prompting people to take refuge in an asset class that inflates with inflation and can be a safe-haven asset amid the turmoil."

Thanks, Josh.

But ...

TAKE REFUGE IN BAKED BEANS

FILL YOUR BATH WITH BAKED BEANS

GET IN THE BATH

DON'T DO IT FOR CHARITY

DO IT FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU WANT TO LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE

Ends

...

Anything else?

I was rehearsing Babe and Love Me yesterday - for a change, like. They're nice, catchy three/four minute pop songs. They could be singles. I'll probably use them as B-sides for my album ... if I need B-sides. Who knows?!

I should write more songs like that ...

Obviously, I should do lots of things ...

But where will I ever find the time???

Never mind.

Anyway ...

What are Robbie Williams' five best songs?

I reckon -

Angels
No Regrets
Strong
Supreme
Feel

That's what I reckon.

Laters.