Thursday 8 September 2022

I need more minor songs

Not filler exactly, kooks, but just ... smaller songs in different styles that will give me more options when putting albums together.

I mean, I was thinking earlier that this would be the best start to a great album -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

But then I had trouble selecting the other songs for the album. The songs need to sound good together, you dig?

So, I'll probably still go with this lot - 

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Lucky You
Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Round The Bend
What's This Life We Live?
Stella
Malibu
I'm Right Inside
Nothing
Good Times

Anyway ...

I don't want to write "pawn" songs.

'Chess again! Forget the chess, Mikey!'

Shut up, Voice.

Songs like Love You To and I Want To Tell You from Revolver. I don't need songs like that. Do you know what I mean?

For No One is cool.

Oh, I don't know.

Let me finish the BIG TEN first. The Life and Death lyric. Then I'll see what happens. What I can make happen, that is.

Actually, after recording, say ... three classic albums ... it might be a good idea to only release singles.

Then I wouldn't have this problem, man, and I could concentrate on what I really want to do, which is ...

Write masterpieces - one here, one there - and ...

Eventually get a BIG TWENTY of songs!

You dig?

ENDS

'Bye!'