Monday 26 September 2022

Just imagine!

Imagine being a big idiot and getting yourself into debt by borrowing billions and billions of pounds ...

'Okay. Sounds crazy, boss.'

Yes, Voice. But you haven't heard the best bit. Instead of spending the money on something useful ... you give the money away to people who already have loads of money.

'Ha, ha, ha! You live in a dream world, you do!'

Do I? Do I really?

'Yes. That would never happen in the real world. No one would be that dumb. It's just one of your sick fantasies.'

Well, well ...

Never mind, eh?

Anything else?

'Let's talk about music and random shit!'

Okay. What's the funniest episode of Only Fools and Horses ... ?

'Er ...'

I'll tell you. Friday the 14th. That's the one where they go on a fishing/poaching trip to Cornwall and have to deal with an escaped axe murderer.

'Ha! Sounds like a laugh a minute!'

Well, it is actually, Voice. Quite a few laughs a minute, actually.

Anyway ...

I was considering adding The Future to my demo at the weekend. Again, yeah. I decided against it though because I've realized - when you listen to the rough recordings, like, like I do - it really overshadows my best songs Mighty Soul and Shady, Dodgy, Shifty. Not through songwriting skill, you understand ... but just through the power of the music. It's a strange one.

'Save it for the second album, boss. You might need it.'

That's true. Think of all the artists who "disappear" after a very successful debut album. And the older you are, the more likely that is to happen. But it could never happen with The Future BECAUSE ... it's the most powerful rock song ever, the greatest rock song ever!!!

But this could be the demo online -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

'What, and destroy the internet?! Behave!'

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Nothing
Stella

'That's better.'

Oh, one other thing! ... my music, like ... I only rehearsed for six and a half hours last week. Why?!

Because I sound better now than when I was rehearsing twenty-five hours a week - years ago, like.

Obviously, it would be better if I didn't slack off, but ...

I don't know. I still need those two lyrics, man. You dig? 'When are you going to write them?' I don't know.

Soon. Maybe.

I'm looking forward to buying that new Bowie documentary for my phone, but it won't be released until the middle of November.

I should stop buying videos.

Never mind.

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
2.20
Love Me
Good Times
Stella
Malibu
Round The Bend
Nothing
Life and Death

'FFS! What's that?!'

That's how my debut album could look. 'Oh, give it a rest!'

Yeah, yeah.

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Lucky You
Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Round The Bend
What's This Life We Live?
Stella
Malibu
I'm Right Inside
Nothing
Good Times

Laters, kooks!