Friday 2 September 2022

I feel free when I'm walking ...

Yeah, like yesterday. A long walk. A bit of sun. The wind in my hair. Not a care in my mind.

It's when I stop walking ... that's when the trouble starts. 'Don't stop then, Mikey! Just walk to the sea.'

Ha, ha, ha! One day, I will walk to the sea ...

And then I'll walk back BECAUSE ... I'm a man on a mission. I can't spend all my life by the seaside, eating ice cream, drinking lager ...

Enjoying myself. Oh no!

Anyway ...

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
Life and Death
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
Stella
Malibu
What's This Life We Live?
And Rain Came Down

I just wanted to put that there. My BIG TEN. Nothing's changed, man, but I find it comforting, you dig? I've still got to write the Life and Death lyric.

Yeah, yeah. I'm going to put Good Times on the album in place of Life and Death ... which is ridiculous when you think about it because there are no good times. However, you know me - I like to stay positive!

Uh.

My fresh start turned out to be a shitshow, but don't worry ... I will make another fresh start soon.

It's worth remembering though, I wrote all the great songs above without any successful fresh starts.

Those songs just came out of the chaos of my life.

Laters!