Thursday 15 September 2022

I need more big songs

The thing is -

'Hang on a minute, boss!'

What, Voice?

'Last week, you were saying you need more minor songs.'

Well, that's true.

'Oh.'

But big songs are more important.

You see, as a fifty-three-year-old who wants to be a rock star ... I'm in a weak position. Just because of my age, you dig?

'Yeah.'

However, my biggest songs -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

... make me strong.

And I need more strength!!!

'Oh.'

So, even though my BIG TEN of songs is as good as The Beatles' BIG TEN ... and slightly better than the Oasis and U2 BIG TENs ...

I need a BIG TWENTY.

No one has got one of those. [Not with the sort of songs I'm talking about, man.]

'How long will that take?'

Being realistic ...

Another five years ... ???

Maybe. I don't know.

'More work!'

And those twenty songs could be spread over three albums - with supporting songs, obviously.

'Okay.'

Strategy, strategy, strategy.

Remember, kooks ... I'm the Napoleon of rock and roll!

Ha, ha, ha!

'Eh? I thought you were the Caesar of rock and roll?!'

Ha, ha, ha! That, too, Voice. That, too.

Uh.

Whatever.

Anyway ...

My demo? I DON'T KNOW. Ask me one on sport. I can record any time now. Any time at all! It's just Life and Death that bothers me. I don't want to write "negative" shit no more. I ain't gonna be no Leonard Cohen, you dig?

'Just get the lyric out of the way, and then move on with your life.'

Yeah.

And I've got to write that small lyric, too.

2.20.

Listen!

I don't like saying that I only have fifteen songs.

I want to say I have ... seventeen songs.

It's all psychological, kooks. You understand, don't you?

You better!

Because the squares aren't going to understand me, are they?

Laters!