Monday 5 September 2022

I keep getting flashbacks ...

... of Newquay, you dig? Really powerful visions of sea and sand and rock like I'm still there.

I always have nice memories of my holidays in Cornwall, but this is something else.

'Your visionary imagination is becoming more powerful, boss.'

You think so, Voice?

'Er ... what do I know?!'

Yeah. Thanks for your help.

Idiot!

I'll have to go back there. With St Ives getting more expensive all the time - and less available ... you know?

Hang on!

'What was that noise?!'

Ha! It was that bloody squirrel at the window again.

'The one that lives on the roof?'

Yeah.

Never mind.

Where was I?

'Music!'

Oh, that's right.

Yes, I was rehearsing And Rain Came Down and listening to the rough recording of it a lot at the weekend.

Why?

Well, it won't be on the demo. It won't even be on the first album.

So ... WHY?!

Because I wanted to make sure that it was worthy of tenth place on my BIG TEN list, that's why.

'And is it?'

Yes - is the conclusion I've come to.

It's better than the Oasis and U2 tenth places, and it's as good as Penny Lane.

So, that's a relief.

I mean, I worry about this shit like you won't believe, dear kook(s).

Obviously, I'll be stopping all this soon ...

'All what?'

The personal chat, Voice. The music updates. My fitness progress.

'Oh. / What will you write about then?'

Finance.

'Have you got any PR emails?'

A few.

'Are you going to look at them?'

I will - tomorrow.

I think you can hurt your lower back doing push-ups. You have to be careful. Dumbbells are best.

Now the weather is cooling down, I might be able to walk a lot more - if I've got the time.

Listen ...

You need a visionary imagination, kook(s).

I'm the sort of guy who can imagine meeting the Owlman, having a conversation with him ... and really believing in the reality of it, you dig?

Just saying.

I know it's not for everyone.

Anyway ...

The first album is all written, (if I'm allowed to have it this way) ...

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Lucky You
Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
Round The Bend
What's This Life We Live?
Stella
Malibu
I'm Right Inside
Nothing
Good Times

In terms of chess ...

Seven queens
One rook
Three knights or bishops

And ...

No pawns!!!

You dig?

'I'm sure your readers don't know what the hell you're talking about, boss.'

No?

Well, they should!

Chain Gang is my favourite episode of Only Fools and Horses.

Bye.