Monday 22 September 2014

Chandler Blockage and other top traders have left Point72 Asset Management

Well, well, well ... / I was wrong about Chandler Blockage. It seems he does actually exist. He's not some shadowy monster from the darkest night. He's a genuine human being. My apologies to Chandler, his family, and friends.

Anyway, let's move on, yeah? / Our Chandler and other top traders (Anthony Chedid, Ted Orenstein, Tom Rabolli, Tim Schneider, Petey Avellone, and Shoney Katz) have left Stevie's Point72 Asset Management. Why?! ('No need for the exclamation mark, boss.') Well, this is just a theory of mine ... I think they miss the excitement of the old days. The thing is - as I've mentioned before - Stevie don't want anyone doing nothing no more. He don't want the heat coming down on him. He just wants a quiet life now. And I don't blame him! Stevie has had enough excitement for one lifetime. / I bet he's secretly relieved that the wild boys have left ...

[By the way, Shoney Katz? What a cool fucking name! Hi, I'm Shoney Katz. Brilliant!]

...

Anything else? Well ...

Music?! ('No need for the exclamation mark, boss.') I'm listening to John Mayall's Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton. I'm going to put the Layla album on in a minute. / Me? Er ... I'm making decent progress with my guitar playing, man. I'm on target for the Gallagher/Cobain level by Christmas. However, next year I'll want to go further. Ideally, I'd like to reach the David Gilmour level. He's not a total wizard like Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Prince, those types ... but he's a classy player and a cut above most guitarists. (Listen to him at the end of Comfortably Numb.)

Lunch? (No exclamation mark. Are you happy now, Voice?) I haven't been to the shop yet. I'm seriously considering purchasing a cheese sandwich. No surprises. I don't care.

Politics?!?! Do we have to? All right. / David "Longshanks" Cameron is trying to weasel out of the promise he made to the Scots last week. Christ! What a prime minister, eh?! If he ... / Oh, I can't be bothered. Life's too short.

...

Key to the Highway. That's my favourite track on Layla. It's a cover. I like it for the guitar playing, obviously.