Monday, 8 September 2014

Deeb Salem says Goldman Sachs owes him $20 million!

Yeah, $20 million. Not bad for a bit of work. But Deeb ain't getting the money because a judge in New York has said that Goldman doesn't owe him $20 million in bonuses. Unsurprisingly, Goldman also says it doesn't owe the money. / Well, I don't know who to believe, and I'm not getting involved. (Bobby D still owes me half a million pounds for all my shamanic work. We all have problems.) My advice to Deeb is: Move on with your life, son. You have a nice job at GoldenTree Asset Management now. Worse things happen at sea.

...

That's enough finance for a Monday morning. / Politics? Scotland? (I was hoping not to write about politics again. Life's too short and I'm not a square, but ...) Well, well ... Scotland may be leaving the Union. What do I think? Oh, I don't want them to leave, man. However, if I were Scottish I'd be dancing in the street at the prospect of never being ruled by the Conservatives ever again. Yes, even before the vote, I'd be dancing. / Imagine no more Cameron! His big, red shouting face - gone forever! No more nonsense from Grant Shapps. No more of Nadhim Zahawi's sneering. No more of Theresa May talking about a "nasty" party and then serving in a government that is making life hell for the poor, sick and disabled. Gone, gone, gone forever! Yes, I'd be fucking dancing, dear reader(s). Like Bez from Happy Mondays.

...

Music? Well, I might do some recording today. (Might not.) I've been playing the guitar a lot lately and I feel ready to have another go at my demo. My fingers are on fire, you dig?

...

Anything else? Lunch? Er ... I haven't been to the shop yet. So I can't tell you what sandwich I'm having - for sure. However, I have to say I really fancy a cheese sandwich. ('You always have a cheese sandwich, Mikey.' No I don't! I have egg sandwiches, too.) Let's see how things develop, yeah?