Tuesday 4 November 2014

Who is Ross Teverson?

Oh, he's just some guy who's moving to Jupiter. 'Jupiter?!?!' The fund manager, man. Not the planet. 'Oh. / Where is Ross leaving?' He left Standard Life Investments in May. He's been doing some gardening since then. 'Gardening?!' Yeah, it's a bit square, Voice, I know, but Ross enjoys it. Loves it, in fact. Growing pansies and stuff, whatever. We shouldn't judge him.

Our Ross is going to be head of global emerging market strategy or something, later this month. No one asked me. I mean, no one asked my permission. He's probably not a financial shaman. But I don't care. Not one bit! I'm frying different fish ...

Oh God. I'm just not in the mood for finance this morning. I've got the Tuesday morning blues. 'Never heard of that, boss.' Not many people (or voices) have, son. They're a lot rarer than the Monday morning blues. You have to be special to get them.

...

Anyway, I'm still thinking about the awesome film I saw yesterday, Nightcrawler. Most critics have been raving about it, but I don't think they've gone far enough. I think it's one of the greatest films ever, not just recently.

The hero, Lou Bloom, has been compared to Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver. He's a bit different though. In the sense that he's an existential outsider without anxiety. Bickle wanted to join society - you know, be "normal" and that. Bloom doesn't give a toss.

You should go and see it, dear reader(s), if you get a chance. I mean, I know you're busy.

...

Lunch? / Christ. Why are you so obsessed by what I'm having for lunch? It's either going to be a cheese sandwich or an egg sandwich, isn't it? Well, it's cheese today. / I'm a vegetarian. There's not much I can have. 'Soup, boss?' I don't want soup, Voice.

Music? / I haven't put anything on yet. And, yes, I will be playing my guitar later. And, no, I didn't record my songs at the weekend. The vibes were all wrong, man.