Monday 28 March 2011

Sadly, Igor Levin and Yevgeny Shvartsshteyn are in prison (like all of us)

Hedge fund chancers Igor Levin and Yevgeny Shvartsshteyn have each been sentenced to seven years in prison merely for earning a living by defrauding investors of $7 million. They ran A.R. Capital, which many people believed was a hedge fund investing in real estate, oil, and gas. It was nothing of the sort. It was a way for $7 million to disappear into thin air. That's all.

Now, be under no illusions: we are all in prison. The material world is a prison for naughty souls. We must have misbehaved. Can you doubt it? Life is a prison. You, there. Going to work, coming home, eating your dinner, going to bed, waking up. Hello. Yes, I'm speaking to you. You cannot hide. I am pointing my finger at you. I'm trying not to judge. However, you have been accused. And I am with you, in the same boat. It is sinking. Sin was our iceberg.

Maybe there's another way of looking at it. I don't know. My consciousness is a prison. I am trapped, in a cage, my head, locked up with certain ideas, obsessions. I go round and round. My thoughts, wounds and words, images without words, still wounds, just bleeding, all chaos, choke reason. It's thick and dark. There's no light. It's very dark, and it's very confusing. I'm waiting for lightning. A burst of ... you know. I don't need to explain myself to old friends.