Wednesday 18 May 2016

Donald Trump is going to dismantle Dodd-Frank!

Wow! Donald Trump is making serious threats of violence now! Oh, I feel sorry for this poor Dodd Frank character, whoever he is. Maybe the police should get involved. 'Don't be silly, boss. Dodd-Frank is a law over in America, not a guy.' A law? 'Christ! From Wikipedia -'

The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Pub.L. 111–203, H.R. 4173; commonly referred to as Dodd-Frank) was signed into federal law by President Barack Obama on July 21, 2010.[1] Passed as a response to the Great Recession, it brought the most significant changes to financial regulation in the United States since the regulatory reform that followed the Great Depression.[2][3][4][5] It made changes in the American financial regulatory environment that affect all federal financial regulatory agencies and almost every part of the nation's financial services industry.[6][7] 


Oh, I see. Thanks for that, Voice. [And I like the numbers in the square brackets above, reader(s). Very impressive, eh? And strangely ... it's something I've never noticed before. 'Wikipedia has gone up to seven! And in just one paragraph!' I know, man. I'll have to speak to them about that ...]

Okay, okay, so I got it wrong. Donald Trump isn't going to beat anyone up. Not that it would affect his chances of becoming president. It seems he's going all the way to the top. 'Like Martin Sheen in The Dead Zone.' Er ... yeah. Whatever.

...

Uh, enough with finance already!

Anything else? Music? My music? I've nearly finished the lyric, reader(s). Just four lines to go! And I can tell you this song is shaping up to be a motherfucker. [Excuse my French. 'Mikey!' Oh, come on, man! Miles Davis spoke like that all the time.] I'm really pleased with the way things have gone - at last.

Well, well ... / Music? Other people's music? I'm listening to Amy Winehouse, Back to Black. I haven't listened to her for a while. She's still my favourite female singer. (It used to be Karen Carpenter, years ago.) I really like the atmosphere on Wake Up Alone. It's not a single-type song, but it's a great album track. Most album tracks are filler. And think of Gold Dust Woman on Fleetwood Mac's Rumours. That's a great album track, too. / Me? Just a songwriter? Oh, I'm not saying I definitely want to be a recording artist yet, but my ideal for a debut album would be maybe eleven tracks: six of them great "singles" and five of them great "album tracks". No weakness anywhere! [Six single-type songs is Beatles territory, Rubber Soul, Revolver.] Such an album would sell a lot, despite my age. 'It's something to think about, Mikey.' Yes, Voice, maybe. Let me get those four lines first!