Monday 7 September 2015

Pennant Capital Management is closing its Broadway Gate fund

Alan Fournier, the founder of Pennant Capital - and he could be the goddamn chief executive, too, for all we know - has decided to close the $1.5 billion Broadway Gate fund because ... oh, I'm sure he has his reasons. He wouldn't do it on a whim, would he? 'Our Alan feels he isn't satisfying his investors.' Really? Christ! Investors again! They're an absolute bloody nightmare. / Dear reader(s), this is the thing about investors I really hate, you know? Just because they give you a little bit of their cash they think they can rule your whole miserable life. 'Ha! Demanding satisfaction all the time, boss.' They're bastards, Voice. Utter bastards.

Anyway, what do we know about Alan Fournier? I have to admit I've never heard of him before. 'Do you want to hear what Bloomberg has to say about him?' Not really. 'Oh, go on. For a laugh.' All right, man. Tell me what Bloomberg says. 'Bloomberg says: This person is connected to 0 board members in 0 different organizations across 0 different industries. Ha!' Yes, very amusing. Same old story. What a bunch of morons!

...

Ah, that's it. Finance! Enough already! It's Monday morning.

Anything else? Er ... I can talk about music, if you like. / I'm listening to three Gallagher & Lyle songs at the moment. 'Only three, Mikey?' Well, it's my theory, Voice, ain't it? Most half-decent recording acts only have two or three "classic" songs on their Best of ... collections. / Now, I already have three for my fucking demo, man! So I'm thinking to myself: Shouldn't I spend more time writing songs, and less time trying to become a guitar god? 'Yes! Guitar gods are ten a penny, boss.'

The three Gallagher & Lyle songs for your information, dear reader(s), are: Heart on My Sleeve, I Wanna Stay With You, and Breakaway.

As I've mentioned before (actually, I think I've mentioned EVERYTHING["!!!"] before) great recording artists have between twenty and thirty classic songs. Acts like The Rolling Stones, Oasis, Elton John, etc. BUT(!) ... The Beatles have around seventy, I reckon. 'What about Bob Dylan?' Dylan is awkward, Voice, because he's not really a commercial writer. You could argue that he has a hundred "classics". However, most of them don't cut it as "hits", you dig?

[I'm putting my favourite Elton John song on, Blue Eyes.]

Oh, I suppose it doesn't matter. Who cares, eh? I've passed some time, that's the main thing.

...

Where's my lunch?! Where's my cheese sandwich?!