Monday 29 September 2008

Christophe Bernard: 10,000 hedge funds

I have been speaking to Christophe Bernard from UBP. Yes, I have. He told me, 'There are 10,000 hedge funds sitting on the wall, 10,000 hedge funds sitting on the wall, and if one hedge fund should accidentally fall, there'll be 9,999 hedge funds sitting on the wall.'

I don't know why I bother sometimes. I really don't. I wish I could get more sense out of these people. What was all that about?

But that's the credit crunch for you. A lot of people have become totally unhinged.

Dear reader, I have no idea what state of mind you're in. For all I know, you could be just like poor Christophe. Occasionally, readers email me or ask to be my friend on Facebook - and they all seem to be decent, upstanding members of society. But I'm worried about the silent ones. The ones who lurk on my blog. Christ knows what is going on in their minds. The credit crunch has damaged so many people. So many lost souls have been drawn to my blog. I guess I'll just have to live with it.