Monday 13 September 2010

Fundsmith

Fundsmith! What a great name for a fund! I wonder who it's named after. Probably someone called Smith. Someone with a massive ego, no doubt. But there's nothing wrong with that. I love people with massive egos. Massive egos make the world go round.

This Smith character will probably invest £20 million of his own money in Fundsmith. Just a feeling I have. And the fund will allow retail and institutional investors to invest alongside him/her, this Smith. [Probably him.] That's what I reckon, anyway.

O Master, who do we know called Smith?

O my child, it's a mystery. Maybe he's the shy, retiring type. Maybe I've got him all wrong. No one knows who it is. He could be a man lost in endless astral night. And it could have been his choice. He may have wanted to get lost. But he left his name behind! A gift to the world! Smith!

O Master, it could be Terry Fund!

No, it's not Terry Fund. What a ridiculous name! Is there such a person?

You never know.

No, Smith. John Smith? He could be anybody. Does it matter who it is? A new fund! That's the important thing. A new fund!

Terry Fundsmith?

O my child, you're clutching at straws now. There is no Terry Fundsmith. What an absurd idea! How do you think of these things? Terry Fundsmith! Madness!