Tuesday 28 September 2010

Who is Keith Danko? Is he a partner at Titan Capital Group?

Rimbaud experienced his great crisis when he was eighteen, at which moment in his life he had reached the edge of madness; from this point on his life is an unending desert. I reached mine at the age of thirty-six to thirty-seven, which is the age at which Rimbaud dies. From this point on, my life begins to blossom. Rimbaud turned from literature to life; I did the reverse. Rimbaud fled from the chimeras he had created; I embraced them. Sobered by the folly and waste of mere experience of life, I halted and converted my energies to creation. I plunged into writing with the same fervor and zest that I had plunged into life. Instead of losing life, I gained life; miracle after miracle occurred, every misfortune being transformed into a good account. Rimbaud, though plunging into a realm of incredible climates and landscapes, into a world of phantasy as strange and marvelous as his poems, became more and more bitter, taciturn, empty and sorrowful. - Henry Miller

I have no idea who Keith Danko is, but I am determined to find out. Please don't tell me he has joined Titan Capital Group as a partner. I already know that. I am not stupid. And don't tell me that he is a hedge fund industry veteran with years of experience, a man who has served his time at CQS, Acam Advisors, and Goldman Sachs. All that means nothing. Tell me Arthur Rimbaud wrote poems. I won't know who he is. Tell me Picasso painted pictures. I won't know who he is. We cannot know who a man is. Not by his name. Not by his job title. I want answers! Who is Keith Danko?