Wednesday 7 October 2015

Summer Jarratt has gone to BlueMountain!

BlueMountain Capital, that is. Not a blue mountain. She hasn't gone climbing, mountaineering. That would be silly ... when there's work to be done and money to be earned. / Of course, it goes without saying that Summer Jarratt is from California. I'm looking at her LinkedIn profile. There's no picture, unfortunately, but it's pretty obvious she has blonde hair. She probably looks like Pamela Anderson. 'Oh, that's a bit sexist, ain't it, boss?' Eh? Voice, it ain't sexist, man. Some women look like Pamela Anderson, and some don't. Her name is Summer Jarratt, yeah? She's from California, for Christ's sake! You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes. 'You don't have to be Columbo.' You don't have to be either of those guys. It's just common sense.

Well, well ... / Anyway, I wish our Summer all the best. She's going to be client advisor at BlueMountain. 'Okay.' She's going to be taking care of business development, too. 'Er ... is that a good job, Mikey?' It's better than your job, Voice! I don't even pay you. 'Tell me about it.' I just have. / And when Summer gets bored, she can go surfing. 'I go surfing all the time, man. On the astral plane.' Well, you shouldn't! Because I've banned it.

...

Anything else? Music? I'm listening to California Dreamin' by The Mamas and the Papas, on repeat. / Christ! I've got to get me to California soon. Just look out the window, dear reader(s) (if you're in London): bloody horrible! This is no way to live. 'You better finish your demo, boss.' Easier said than done, Voice.

Oh, I'll get to Malibu one day. It's my dream. Or at least St Ives. 'St Ives ain't the same!' It's not much different. 'Not all year round.' Well, there's less crime. 'If you're rich in Malibu, you won't have to worry about crime.' I suppose not. / But let's not get ahead of ourselves! I've got to finish my demo, get a publisher, have a few hits, wait for the money to roll in ... uh, look out the window! Another five or six months of this shit?!