Wednesday 21 October 2015

Who is Frederic Janbon?

'Good question! Do you know the answer?' I've got a gut feeling that he might be French, this Janbon. 'Well done, boss! He is French. Your instincts are amazing!' I don't like to boast, Voice. However, I am the world's foremost financial shaman. Guys like me ... [er, there's no one like me] ... don't come out of a Christmas cracker, you know. It takes years of devotion, meditation, wandering in the desert, wandering in the City, and, finally, lots of spinning a-ROUND in numerous conceptual posts. NOW, I'm ready for ANYTHING!!! 'Even this Janbon? What else do you think you know about him?' Ha! Let's deal with this Janbon, dear reader(s), then we can get DIZZY(!). [Yes, kooks, you know you're always welcome ...] / Er ... 'This Janbon?'

All right. Let's go! / Frederic Janbon is the new chief executive of BNP Paribas Investment Partners, which you'll be pleased to hear is a part of the BNP Paribas Group. 'Says who?!' Says, hang on, Jean-Laurent Bonnafe. 'Another French guy, no doubt.' Well, yes. He's the chief executive of BNP Paribas Group. 'Great!' Apparently, he's delighted that, er ... never mind. 'What, boss?' It doesn't matter, Voice. 'Oh, come on, man, tell us!' Well, I was going to say that Jean was delighted about this Janbon becoming the head of the asset management division, but I can't find any evidence of that. 'Oh.' No, in the press release our Jean merely witters on about their growth strategy and clients. No mention of poor Janbon. [?!]

BUT(!) ... what does Bloomberg say?! 'Ha! Do you really want to know? Maybe you should stick to LinkedIn.' I've looked at LinkedIn. It's a fake profile. So ... WHAT DOES BLOOMBERG SAY?! 'Are you ready for this, boss?' Lay it on me, baby. 'Bloomberg says: This person is connected to 24 board members in 1 different organizations across 2 different industries.' Oh. Well, I guess it's an improvement on: This person is connected to 0 board members in 0 different organizations across 0 different industries. 'It still doesn't tell us much though, does it?' That's Bloomberg, man. Take it or leave it. They don't care. It's too much like hard work doing anything else.

...

Anything else? Oh, I'm not afraid of hard work! After lunch, after my cheese sandwich, I'll be getting DIZZY(!) again. 'A normal Wednesday afternoon and evening, Mikey. No. 359?' Yes, I should think so.

Music? I'm listening to Jackson Browne, my three favourite songs of his on repeat, Late for the Sky, and Jamaica, Say You Will, and Rock Me on the Water. [The first one from a classic scene in Taxi Driver - when De Niro is watching the dancers on TV.]