Friday 4 January 2008

Ex-Goldman analyst Eugene Plotkin goes to jail

I wasn't going to post anything today because I'm rushed off my feet right now with shaman shit you don't need to know about, but I noticed a little story this morning about a former Goldman Sachs analyst who has been sent to jail in America for five years. What for? Insider trading.

How do I feel about it? I'm shocked. There is absolutely no need to break the law like this. If you want financial information that most other people don't have access to, you just have to hire a financial shaman. If you can't afford one, get a money mystic. What's the problem? It's perfectly legal, I think. And even if you were prosecuted, how would it look? - 'Your Honour, I employed a soothsayer to predict which shares would go up or down.' The case would get laughed out of court.