Thursday 31 January 2008

Jamie Dundas joins Jupiter Asset Management

Some interesting news. Jamie Dundas is taking over as the chairman of Jupiter Asset Management. Of course, I wish him all the best, but when I heard the news I started thinking - whatever happened to Jupiter? Do people still worship him?

I was under the impression that Jupiter had been pensioned off in 324 when the emperor Constantine made Christianity the state religion in Rome. I have been speaking to Arthur Simmons about this - he knows quite a bit about the ancient gods - and he told me, 'To say that Jupiter was pissed at Constantine for pulling that stroke is a massive understatement. He was fucking livid. Constantine ended up moving to Byzantium because of the fallout from it all. Anyway, Jupiter was at a loose end, so he decided to move into finance. He's done very well out of it. Jupiter Asset Management is just one of his companies. He's absolutely minted.'