Thursday 20 May 2010

Doughty Hanson and Charterhouse want to buy Unilever's Findus (Italy)

If one offers me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it - Bhagavad-gita

That's Krishna talking, and you'll notice: no mention of any fish. I don't know if he eats the leaves and flowers. It's his business.

I have been a vegetarian for over twenty years. Before I got the taste for money and discovered gods more to my liking (Ganesh, you're the elephant!) I was into the Krishna consciousness movement, for a time. Almost joined a temple. But I'm still a vegetarian, and so I cannot approve of the private equity groups Doughty Hanson and Charterhouse taking an interest in Findus Italy.

Fish don't harm nobody. Well, there's sharks. Fuck the sharks! You can have the sharks, all right?