Monday 10 May 2010

Marco Annunziata: "Shock and Awe"

Marco Annunziata is the chief economist at Unicredit Group. This is what he said: 'This is Shock and Awe, Part II and in 3-D. This is truly overwhelming force, and should be more than sufficient to stabilise markets in the near term, prevent panic and contain the risk of contagion.'

O Master, was Marco talking about the €750 billion rescue package for Europe?

O my child, you would be forgiven for thinking so, but he wasn't. Marco was talking, a little while ago, to me personally, not impersonally, about a vibrant mystical light that entered his head, swirled around, and shook his soul to its very foundations.

Does a soul have foundations?

You'd be surprised.

But he was talking about the markets being stabilized. This is concerning the rescue package, isn't it? Nothing to do with a vibrant mystical light.

You're mistaken. I don't know anything about the Eurozone. I'm not interested. Neither is Marco.

What has the vibrant mystical light got to do with preventing panic and containing the risk of contagion? What panic? What contagion? You've got this all wrong. You've totally misunderstood Mr Annunziata. Haven't you heard the news? The Eurozone's finance ministers have - look at this! Read it for yourself!

I'm not reading anything. There was a vibrant mystical light. It entered Marco. It will change everything for the better.

The Eurozone?

No.

This is madness! Go back to Marco. Get him to explain it to you again.

I don't need anything explained to me, you little oik!

Oh, that's a new one. Little oik. Nice. This new blogging schedule of yours is not going to work out, you know. Not if you start cracking up and losing all touch with reality after only a few hours work. Read the Telegraph article. You'll have to rewrite this post.

I'm leaving it the way it is. I was the one who spoke to Marco.

And he spoke to the Telegraph as well, did he?

I don't know. I'm not his keeper.

Whatever.