Wednesday 5 May 2010

Roberto Isolani has joined BTG Pactual

Has he?

Yes, he has. Roberto Isolani has joined BTG Pactual, and I don't blame him. It's a lovely little investment bank. BTG bought it from UBS, by the way.

Don't know much about it, myself. But I don't think it's that little. Big in Brazil, isn't it? Have you got any figures?

Have I got any what?

Have you got any figures?

O my child, I think you're in the wrong place. There are plenty of other financial websites if it's boring figures you want.

Only joking, man.

For fuck's sake! That's not how we roll on this blog.

O Master, so what's the mystical shit then?

I thought you would never ask. The mystical shit is basically Roberto floating in and out of my subconsciousnessness ness 24/7. That's what we're talking about.

You know him that well?!

Well, it's not through choice.

You mean he's just forced himself on you?

I wouldn't put it quite like that.

That's what it sounds like to me.

I'm not worried about it. It's no worse than you popping up every five minutes and whispering in my head.

I don't float though. In and out. That must be a nuisance.

You don't float? Whatever. But Roberto will get bored eventually. It's only a temporary thing, I'm sure.

You reckon?

Yes. I mean, I remember when I first mastered the art of astral projection. I was all over the City like a cheap suit.

And Big Herb had a word with you, didn't he?

Oh, you've heard about that? Yeah, as you know, in those days Big Herb was the money king, operating out of Scrutton Street, and he more or less told me to calm it down a bit.

Well, he did tell you.

Yes, he did.

Yeah.

Roberto will be all right. There's nothing to worry about.